- October 16, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Travel Destination
According to Naindeep Singh Madhok India being the birth place of major historical destinations of world, attracts large number of tourists. It has splendid collection of temples, forts, monuments and palaces. Some of the famous historical places by Naindeep Singh Madhok are:
Best places to explore in India
- Taj Mahal, Agra: It is the ultimate epitome of love and its grandeur stands unparalleled and unmatched. An ivory white mausoleum that houses the tomb of Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan and his late wife Mumtaz Mahal in sixteenth century. It stands majestically near bank of Yamuna in the city of Agra. It completed in 22 years of hard work and it believed that Shah Jahan cut off the hands of workers later so that similar monument cannot be built.
- Agra fort, Uttar Pradesh: It also marks the rich history of Mughal era built entirely of red sandstone by Akbar, another Mughal emperor in fifteenth century. It has two ornately designed gates followed by gateways, palaces and courts. It also included in Sherlock Homes cases: The Sign of Four, and shooting location for movie: Jodha Akbar
- Red Fort, Delhi: One of the magnificent monuments built when Shah Jahan shifted capital from Agra to Delhi in late sixteenth century. This octagonal fort is the site where Prime Minister of India gives its speech. It actually white made of limestone but British painted it red.
- Qutub Minar: It will regarded as finest example of architecture. With its intricate red sandstone storey dotted with carvings and verses from holy book Quran in Arabic.
- Humayun’s Tomb, Delhi: Indian and Persian architecture’s amalgamation. Stands tall in the heart of Delhi named after Mughal Emperor Humayun in fifteenth century. Arched alcoves , beautiful domes and spacious corridors adorn the beauty of tomb. It was one of the main inspirations for building of TajMahal.
- Fatehpur Sikri, UttarPradesh: It the city of victory, capital of Mughal era during Akbar’s reign. Its well planned with carved columns, palaces, public buildings and mosques built in sixteenth century .
- Hawa Mahal, Jaipur: It is the gem of pink city, Jaipur and looks like beehive with its 953 intricate windows . It built by the then ruler, Maharaja Sawai Pratap Singh, who was a major devotee of Lord Krishna. The buiding’s top looks like a crown and it is the tallest structure without any foundation.
- Khajuraho Temples, Madhya Pradesh: Countless sculptures depicting love, sensuality, beauty, delicacy and eternal art can be seen at Khajuraho temples. Which is the perfect amalgamation of Hinduism and Jainism. Idol carvings of cult icons, demi gods and apsaras are seen there. This city adorned with date palm trees hence got name Khajuraho.
- Sanchi Stupa, Madhya Pradesh: Religious centre that houses relics of Buddha and was one of the most famous religious centers of Buddhism. It has considered as Buddha’s circle of life and death.
- Konark Temple, Odisha: The city of God Sun, built by ruler of Ganga dynasty the magic set in stone. It is near Bay of Bengal and its entrance has two lions. Crushing elephants and a human body. Twelve wheels at the base of temple are sun dials that accurately denote time. Three statues of sun gods.